Friday 19 April 2013

A brief intro.

I've never written a blog before, in fact, I've never written much of anything before, but I'm going to give it a go.

A little about me, I was born and raised in Lincolnshire, just outside of the City of Lincoln.
I went to senior school in a small village that just so happened to be a short bike ride away from a WWII airfield.
My dad loved Aviation, he also worked in conservation and through that, I was able to play and explore two other former airfields. So I grew up knowing a little of the history of these sites.

So this brings us to present day, I love Aircraft and I love history. So in and around 2008 I started taking photos of some of the airfields in Lincolnshire, with out any real direction of what I wanted to do with them.
They were taken with my point and shoot Fuji camera, which did an OK job, but they were never perfect.
Then I bought a Canon 1100D, and I started to visit these sites purely with the purpose of photographing them.
I now have over 1500 photos of over 30 Airfields plus other military sites.
There are still a handful of airfields, both historic and current, that I haven't visited/photographed (for various reasons), and several more that I have visited but not take many photographs of (again, for various reasons).

Before I go any further I would like to add this disclaimer; all the photos that I have taken and will take in the future are taken from public rights of way and at no time did I intentionally trespass on private land.
That's not my thing, I know if I did I could have taken many better and more intricate photos of these historic sites.

Where will this blog take us? Who knows, just sit back and enjoy the ride.

Helen :).


Information board located in the RAF Skellingthorpe exhibition/heritage room
 in Skellingthorpe village.



No comments:

Post a Comment